Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I'd buy my brother a box of malted milk balls for Christmas when we were younger. Now I give them to him in a more adult form...a Pie. Cook time is chill time. Look for my Chocolate Crumb Crust recipe. If you'd like to read more on the Whoppers Malted Candy go to the Hersheys site at http://www.hersheys.com/products/whoppers.shtml
- 1 (7 ounce) package malted milk balls, chopped
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping, thawed
- 1 9 inch chocolate crumb crust
- Reserve 1/4 cup malted balls for topping.
- Fold in whip topping and remaining malt balls into the ice cream.
- Pour into crust and sprinkle with remaining malted balls.
- Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving.
I found this recipe in the Breast Cancer Showhouse cookbook, "Bosom Buddies Cooking Together" and made it for a gathering. Everyone loved it. I used vanilla custard (the frozen stuff made with eggs that makes it oh, so creamy), Cool Whip Lite, a graham cracker crumb crust and most of a 1 lb box of malted milk balls. The instructions I found said to crush the malted milk balls before combining with the custard and Cool Whip. Pour into crust and then freeze. Before serving top with some crushed malted milk balls and 8 whole malted milk balls.