Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
I love malted milk balls and this is a great way to use them. They are on the sweet side. This recipe is adapted from stephskitchen.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup coarsely crushed malted milk balls (Whoppers candy)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons melted butter (3/4 stick)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375º. Lightly grease muffin pan cups or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, malted milk balls, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine egg, sour cream, vanilla, butter and milk; pour over dry ingredients. Stir just to blend (do not overmix).
- Spoon batter evenly in prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.