Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chocolate flavor maled milk powder can be substituted.
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup instant malted milk powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
malted milk frosting
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 3 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup instant malted milk powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- malted milk balls, roughly crushed
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Mix brown sugar, margarine, sour cream, vanilla, and eggs in a bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except malted milk frosting.
- Drop by the spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet about 2" apart.
- Bake 10-14 minutes or until the edges are starting to brown.
- Remove cookie immediately from the cookie sheet to a wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- Make malted milk frosting: heat brown sugar, margarine, and milk over a medium heat until margarine melts.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Add additional milk if necessary, a teaspoon at a time until it is spreading consistency.
- Frost cookies with malted milk frosting.
- Sprinkle with crushed malted milk balls, press into the frosting.