Recipe by WJKing
WOW! My DH won't let me make ANY other chocolate chip cookies since he's had these. If you like malted milk, these are the cookies for you!!! ENJOY!
Top Review by nancyal
excellent cookie. these reminded me of the chocolate chip cookies from subway. i did not have the chocolate chunks, so i used the 6 oz of milk chocolate chips and used a bag of semi sweet for the chunks. i was afraid the chocolate syrup would make it a chocolate cookie with chips, but it only adds flavor. try these, they are wonderful. don't think i will want to make any other chocolate chip cookies again.
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup instant malted milk powder
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 6 ounces milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first five ingredients; beat for two minutes.
- Add egg.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in chocolate chips& chunks.
- Shape into 2" balls; place 3" apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes on the tray before removing to wire racks.