Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from FoodNetwork.com and don't see it posted exactly the same way here. It uses real butter, milk chocolate chips, and malted milk, but not chocolate syrup. These are quite possibly my new favorite chocolate chip cookie. The malted milk is amazing!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup golden brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup instant malted milk powder (rounded 1/2 c)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 (12 ounce) bag milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream the butter, then add both sugars and cream until fluffy. Add the eggs and beat slightly, then add the vanilla and beat until combined. Add the malted milk powder and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the butter mixture, beating gently until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and stir in gently.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls (or use a cookie scoop) on an ungreased baking sheet, leaving plenty of space between the cookies (they spread out quite a bit). Bake for 9 to 11 minutes. The cookies will be very flat and very chewy. Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan with a spatula.
- Optional: Allow to cool completely, then use 2 cookies to make an ice cream sandwich. Add sprinkles to the sides of the ice cream, then wrap individually in plastic wrap.
Very tasty! Very flat and chewy cookies, so much so that I checked the original recipe to make sure it was correctly posted and my cookies did look just like PW's. First batch on the plain cookie sheet were a mess. Second batch on parchment were much better (PW uses a silpat for hers). Stirred in some flour which helped a bit more for the third. Next time I'd add 1/2 cup flour, chill the dough, and bake on parchment. All that said the flavor really was delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
5 stars all the way. My brother referred me to this recipe from RD. She knocked this recipe out of the park for a thin chocolate chip cookie. I had about 10 people try these and they loved them.
I saw Pioneer Woman make these on her show... And have thought of them ever since, lol. Finally made them today and they were AMAZING! The flavor is perfect! Thanks for posting.