1/2 Photos of Malted Milk Brownies
A brownie recipe in honor of English Inventer, William Horlick, who invented malted milk in 1883. These delicious brownies were found in Esther Brody's "The 250 BEST Brownies, Bars & Squares" Cookbook. For an added treat, chop malted milk balls or a malted milk chocolate bar into pieces and sprinkle over the top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares (one ounce each)
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares (one ounce each)
- 3/4 cup butter or 3/4 cup margarine
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2In a bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 3In a saucepan over low heat, melt chocolates and butter stirring constantly, until smooth, Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- 4When mixture has cooled stir in sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until blended. Blend in flour mixture.
- 5Spread batter evenly in prepared 9 x 13-inch cake pan.
- 6Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Place pan on a rack to cool completely.
- 7Topping-In a bowl combine milk, vanilla and malted mild powder until blended.
- 8In another bowl, cream butter. Gradually add confectioner’s sugar, alternately with milk mixture, beating well after each addition until mixture is smooth and spreadable.
- 9Spread evenly over cooled brownies. When topping is firm, cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Malted Milk Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.8
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 36.3 mg
- Sodium 94.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 2.1 g