From Good Housekeeping. Triple-tested at the Good Housekeeping Research Institute. Milkshake fans will adore these bars. The frosting is made with malted milk powder and sprinkled with chopped malted milk balls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter (salted or unsalted, 1 1/2 sticks)
- 4 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares (4 ounces)
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares (2 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Malted Milk Topping
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Spray a 13" by 9" Pyrex baking pan with cooking spray. For easier cutting, line pan with parchment paper or foil, extending it over short ends; grease parchment paper or foil.
- 3Prepare chocolate base:.
- 4In heavy 3-quart saucepan, melt butter and semisweet and unsweetened chocolates over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove saucepan from heat.
- 5With wooden spoon, stir in granulated sugar and vanilla.
- 6Beat in eggs until well blended. In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into chocolate mixture.
- 7Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until toothpick inserted 1 inch from edge of pan comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- 8Prepare Malted Milk Topping:.
- 9In small bowl, stir together malted milk powder, milk, and vanilla until blended.
- 10Stir in butter and confectioners' sugar until blended.
- 11With small spatula, spread topping over cooled bars; top with chopped malted milk ball candies. Allow topping to set.
- 12When topping is firm, transfer with parchment paper or foil to cutting board. Cut lengthwise into 4 strips, then cut each strip crosswise into 8 pieces.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Malted Milk Bars
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.7
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.7 mg
- Sodium 115.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 18.8 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: