Recipe by lazyme
From Betty Crocker Easy Get-Togethers, this sounds like a fun make-ahead dessert for a crowd. Cooking time is freezing time.
- 3 1⁄3 cups malted milk balls (10 1/2 ounces)
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 12 frozen rectangular ice cream sandwiches
- 1 cup hot fudge, warmed, if desired (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place malted milk balls in resealable plastic food-storage bag.
- Tap with rolling pin or meat mallet until coarsely crushed.
- Reserve 1/3 cup.
- Mix remaining crushed malted milk balls and the whipped topping.
- Arrange ice-cream sandwiches in bottom of rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches, cutting sandwiches if necessary to cover bottom of pan.
- Spread whipped topping mixture over ice-cream sandwiches.
- Sprinkle with reserved crushed malted milk balls.
- Cover and freeze 2 to 3 hours or until firm.
- For serving, cut into 4 rows by 3 rows.
- Top with fudge sauce.
- We have found that frozen malted milk balls crush more easily than when crushed at room temperature.