Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
A breakfast smoothie, from Australian BH&G Diabetic Living. OPTIONS - for a variation replace the bananas with 2 roughly chopped mangoes or a 400 gram can of peach slices in natural juice, drained.
- 2 bananas (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons instant malted milk powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 scoops vanilla frozen yogurt (small scoops low fat)
- 310 ml skim milk (1 1/4 cups)
- Put the bananas, ma;ted ,o;l [pwder. wheat erm, frozen yoghurt and skim milk in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into glasses and serve straight away.
We had a late lunch today so I made this smoothie for a light dinner tonight. It was nice and filling. Loved the flavor -- next time I might reduce it to 1 banana or increase the malted milk. Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag, May, 2014.
Very tasty! I made this with the peach option, freezing the drained peaches flat in a zip lock bag; also froze half the milk which resulted in a very thick smoothie! It's been many years since I bought malt powder and wheat germ, but will enjoy this smoothie regularly! Tagged on 01/21/13 for Zaar Stars under the 24-hr rule!