Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious creamy drink - perfect for holiday guests. From the 2007 Paula Deen's Christmas Magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup instant malted milk powder
- 1 (4 ounce) bar white chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat until chocolate is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and keep warm until time to serve.
I used all nonfat milk instead of the cream and whole milk, and it was still delicious. I made the entire recipe before I went to work for the night because it was cold, the kids were studying, husband not feeling well, and when I returned home the next morning, there was just a smidgen left. The taste I got was wonderful, and they clearly enjoyed it. I can only imagine how good it would be made the cream/milk way. I may try fat free half and half next time, and there will definitely be a next time.