A friend asked me for this recipe so I found it on the web. Have not made it but it looks good so I will try making it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 lb unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup original instant malted milk powder
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1Make the Malted Fudge Brownies. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan with removable bottom.
- 3Combine chocolate and butter in top of double boiler over barely simmering water, heat, stirring constantly with wooden spoon, until chocolate and butter are melted.Gently whisk until smooth.Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Cool.
- 5Beat eggs and sugar in mixing bowl until light and lemon colored, using electric mixer at medium speed.
- 6Slowly beat in chocolate mixture.
- 7Sift together flour and malted milk powder and add to chocolate mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time. Blend in buttermilk. Stir in pecans.
- 8Spread batter in prepared pan and smooth surface with rubber spatula.Bake brownies for 25 to 30 minutes or until cake tester or toothpick inserted 2inches away from center comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- 9Do not over-bake.
- 10Cool brownies completely in pan on a wire rack.
- 11To make the Chocolate Sauce: Place chocolate in a medium bowl.
- 12Combine water,heavy cream and malted milk powder in small saucepan and whisk until.
- 13powder dissolves.Cook and stir over medium-high heat.Add sugar and stir until sugar dissolves.
- 14Cook mixture until it comes to a gentle boil.Remove pan from heat and slowly pour hot mixture over chopped chocolate.Let stand for 1 minute to melt chocolate.
- 15Whisk sauce gently until well blended and smooth.Whisk in butter.
- 16Sauce should be used at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Malted Fudge Brownie Sundae
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 650.3
- Calories from Fat 393
- Total Fat 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 23.9 g
- Cholesterol 138.0 mg
- Sodium 89.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 49.0 g
- Protein 10.0 g