Recipe by Chilicat
This is from Imbibe magazine. Adapted from an Alton Brown recipe, just add water and stir for a superbly creamy and oh-so dreamy mug of wintry hot chocolate.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups instant malted milk powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
- To make hot cocoa, combine 1/4 cup (or more, to taste) with 8 oz. of boiling water and whisk to combine (or place in an electric chocolate pot and use as directed).
- Top with homemade marshmallows for a totally decadent treat.