Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm not sure it was possible to have another variation on a chocolate chip cookie, but it is! This is the first CCC recipe here to use malted barley syrup. Gives the cookie a rich malty flavor.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, Loosely Packed
- 1⁄3 cup malted barley syrup
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, Melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together.
- Mix everything together.
- Shape into 8-12 balls, put on cooked sheet lined with parchement. Flatten slightly. Leave room between them because the will spread out.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350°F.
What a great cookie recipe. These came out sweet and malty in taste with a soft interior and crackly top. I loved them and so did the guests at a friends bday party. For fun and due to the occasion I added in some sprinkles, which made them look even cuter. <br/>THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper, WICC!<br/>Made and reviewed for Veggie Swap #59 June 2013.