Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cookies are dense and delicious. A hint of malt and chocolate syrup makes these cookies different from the usual chocolate chip. They keep very well too.
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup instant malted milk powder
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, combine shortening, brown sugar, malted milk powder, chocolate syrup, and vanilla; beat for 2 minutes.
- Add egg and mix.
- In a small bowl mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and chunks.
- Shape into 1 1/2 - 2-inch balls; place about 3-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes on pan before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
These cookies baked very quickly for me and the result was a crisper cookie than I like, however, the taste was really nice. Next time I will just take them out sooner. Thx for sharing.
these were fantastic!! the texture was very nice, dense but chewy. i left the malt out first time because i was looking more for a certain texture than a different taste....however i am definitely trying the malt. these were exactly what i wanted!! will probably half the amount of chips, so i won't feel so bad about eating more than 1!!