Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tasty treat on a cold winter day or night.
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup instant malted milk powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- In a large saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles begin to form around the edge of the pan.
- While milk is heating, pour cream into a small chilled bowl. Blend the whipping cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and continue to blend until soft peaks form.
- Whisk the chocolate chips and malt powder into the hot milk. Continue to whisk until chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and almond extracts.
- Pour hot chocolate into mugs and top with whipped cream.