Recipe by Member #610488
Pasta with Herbs, Tomato, and Cheese is a speciality of the Restaurante La Contea, Neive, Piedmonte, Italy. Maltagliati is pasta cut into different shapes and sizes. Fresh pasta can be cut into diamond and triangle shapes. Pappardelle can be broken at different lengths.
- 1 lb fresh pasta or 1 lb pappardelle pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 scallion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 ripe tomatoes, skinned, seeded and chopped into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs (parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme)
- 12 slices robiola cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil and gently brown the scallion and garlic. Add the tomato cubes and heat through.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water til al dente.
- Stir the herbs into the tomato sauce while the pasta is cooking, leaving some for garnish.
- Drain the pasta, stir in the sauce, and plate. Arrange the cheese on top of each plate.