Recipe by dicentra
This is from Everyday with RR. This would be fabulous with fish sticks... Prep time does not include 1 hour marination time
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
When I found a bottle of malt vinegar I remembered your salad. This was good after half an hour and the next day, too. I used a bit less mustard. The sunflower seeds are really good in this. I didn't notice the vinegar tasting too distinct, but had a really "fresh" flavor. I would think if you don't have it on hand, white wine vinegar would be a good sub. Thanks Dicentra, for posting. Roxygirl
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 head radicchio, shredded
- 1 large carrot, coarsley grated
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup coarse grain mustard
- 1⁄2 cup malt vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, radicchio, carrot and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayo, mustard, vinegar, sugar and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the slaw with the dressing, cover and refrigerate for an hour or more, then toss with the sunflower seeds before serving.