Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
A nice change of pace for slaw. Time estimate doesn't include chilling.
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
Now, that's some good cole slaw. I like my dressing really tangy, so this was perfect...good cabbage to dressing ratio, too. Okay, I'll admit I didn't add the radicchio (it's too bitter!); otherwise I followed the recipe closely. I very much enjoyed this. Thanks!
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 head radicchio, shredded
- 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup coarse grain mustard
- 1⁄2 cup malt vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup hulled sunflower seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, radicchio, carrot and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, malt vinegar, granulated sugar and lemon juice and season to taste with salt, pepper and hot sauce.
- Toss the slaw with the dressing, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, then toss with the sunflower seeds.