Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Best with those tomatoes Book brought from the abbey! (Inspired by Joss Whedon’s television show “Firefly” and movie “Serenity.”)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar or 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 thinly sliced green onion, white and green parts (scallion)
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper or 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground tri-color pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced (heirloom tomatoes preferred)
- 1 large yellow tomatoes, sliced (heirloom tomatoes preferred)
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced (peeled or not, it's up to you)
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegars, green onion, shallot, basil, mustard, and pepper until dressing mixture is emulsified well.
- Place sliced tomatoes and cucumbers in a container (such as Tupperware), pour over the dressing, then stir together gently.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours, gently stirring occasionally.
- Before serving, sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.
- Makes 6 servings.