roja khan's Note:
Pancakes Indian style! Malpuas are far too special to confine them to breakfast but after you've tried them you'll probably want them at every meal
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1pan, mix 2 cups of water and 2 cups of sugar and boil. The syrup is ready when you get a single-thread consistency. The way to test this is to stir the syrup with a spoon, lift the spoon out and carefully touch the syrup on it with your index finger.
- 2Press your index finger and thumb together and gently pull apart. The sugar will stretch to form a single 'thread'. If this happens the syrup is ready. If not keep boiling and test occasionally till done.
- 3When the syrup is ready add the cardamom powder and mix well. Keep the syrup aside to use later.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, blend the dry milk, flour,funnel seed and baking powder together to form a smooth batter.
- 5While you are mixing the batter, heat enough oil in a deep frying pan to cook the malpuas.
- 6When the oil is hot, use a ladle to gently pour the batter into the oil to form circles about 4" in diameter.
- 7Cook till golden brown. Remove from the oil and put directly into the sugar syrup.
- 8Remove after 2-3 minutes and drain on a wire rack with a plate underneath to catch the dripping syrup.and garnish with slivered nuts.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Malpua (Pancakes in Syrup)
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.3
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 20.2 mg
- Sodium 95.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 58.0 g
- Protein 10.3 g