Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, mashed
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 marshmallows
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water, cold
- to taste corn flakes, crushed
- Season mashed sweet potatoes and add melted butter.
- Mold sweet potatoes around the marshmallows forming 8 balls with a marshmallow in the center of each.
- Beat egg and add cold water.
- Dip sweet potato balls in egg and then in the crushed cornflakes.
- Place in a greased pan and bake until crisp at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
I have been looking for the recipe for years. We always had these little gems on Christmas when I was a kid in the 1950's . The woman that always made them has since passed away. Thanks so much. Maryanne
We had these for Christmas dinner and they are great. I added a 1/2 tsp. or cinnamon and placed a whole walnut on each Ball. Easy and fast and they were a hit