Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from Maligne Lake, Jasper, Alberta, Canada. If you ever travel to Jasper, Canada u MUST go see Maligne Canyon.
- 1 day old loaf bread, not sliced
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon cream
- chopped walnuts
- Cut crusts off top, sides and ends of day old loaf of bread.
- Cut loaf in half lengthwise and then cut each half into ten or twelve cubes (not cutting through to bottom).
- Cream 1/4 lb butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar with 1 tbsp cream; spread this mixture over top and sides of loaf, also put a little between each cube.
- Spread a little more on the top and sides.
- Sprinkle top with fine chopped walnuts and cinnamon.
- Bake in loaf pans, 450 for 20 minutes.