Recipe by Kana K.
A copycat from the menu of "Sizzler", which was a copycat of "Monterey Chicken", which was a copycat of "Chicken Cordon Bleu".... So copy away.
Top Review by SmokinD
We make this dish even easier. Instead of breading the chicken we like to use the pre-made chicken patties from Costco or Sams Club and put the ham and cheese on top. By doing it this way the dish takes about 4 minutes to prep.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pound 'em thin)
- 6 slices cooked ham
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir egg and 1 tablespoons water together with a fork.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper and coat each chicken piece, dip into egg mixture and then coat with breadcrumbs making sure to press crumbs in firmly.
- Heat oil and butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Brown chicken 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Place browned chicken on cookie sheet or oven proof platter, top each piece with a slice of ham and slice of cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees, until cheese melts.
- For the dipping sauce combine mustard and mayonnaise.