Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This frozen pie uses fat-free and low-fat ingredients. It has a fudgy brownie crust and a chocolate chip ice cream filling, and is topped with toasted coconut and fudge sauce. The pie will need to freeze for two hours, which I've included in the cooking time.
- 1 (20 1/2 ounce) package low-fat brownie mix (you'll only use half the package)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup non-fat fudge sauce, divided
- 6 cups fat free vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1⁄4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup Malibu rum (or 1/4 cup rum and 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted
- strawberry, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Spray 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine 1/2 of the package of brownie mix and 1/3 cup water. Stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened. Reserve remaining brownie mix for another use.
- Pour batter into springform pan. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until the edges pull away slightly from the pan. Let cool in pan on wire rack.
- Spread 1/2 cup fudge topping over brownie.
- In large bowl, combine ice cream, chocolate morsels, and rum. Stir well.
- Spread ice cream mixture over brownie. Freeze 2 hours, or until firm.
- To serve, remove torte from pan. Drizzle remaining 1/4 cup fudge topping over the torte. Sprinkle with the toasted coconut. Garnish with strawberries, if desired.