2 hrs 20 mins
This frozen pie uses fat-free and low-fat ingredients. It has a fudgy brownie crust and a chocolate chip ice cream filling, and is topped with toasted coconut and fudge sauce. The pie will need to freeze for two hours, which I've included in the cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (20 1/2 ounce) package low-fat brownie mix (you'll only use half the package)
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup non-fat fudge sauce, divided
- 6 cups fat free vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Malibu rum (or 1/4 cup rum and 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted
- strawberry, for garnish (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- 2Spray 9-inch springform pan.
- 3Combine 1/2 of the package of brownie mix and 1/3 cup water. Stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened. Reserve remaining brownie mix for another use.
- 4Pour batter into springform pan. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until the edges pull away slightly from the pan. Let cool in pan on wire rack.
- 5Spread 1/2 cup fudge topping over brownie.
- 6In large bowl, combine ice cream, chocolate morsels, and rum. Stir well.
- 7Spread ice cream mixture over brownie. Freeze 2 hours, or until firm.
- 8To serve, remove torte from pan. Drizzle remaining 1/4 cup fudge topping over the torte. Sprinkle with the toasted coconut. Garnish with strawberries, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Malibu Brownie Torte
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 30.7
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat brownie mix
non-fat fudge sauce