I created this for a good friend who is diabetic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf sugar-free pound cake
- 1 jar sugar-free strawberry jam
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 200 g sugar-free bittersweet chocolate
- 1Cut the pound cake in half lengthwise, and then crosswise into 12 pieces, resulting in 24 chunks of pound cake.
- 2Heat the jam in the microwave until runny.
- 3This is best done by first putting in into a microwave-safe bowl, if you heat in in the jar you are REALLY asking for trouble.
- 4Whip the cream together with the pudding mix.
- 5Grate the chocolate coarsely, either by hand or in the food processor using the steel knife.
- 6Put the trifle together in a large clear bowl in the follwing order--------.
- 7Place half the cake cubes in the bottom of the bowl.
- 8Drizzle with half of the jam.
- 9Cover with half of the vanilla cream.
- 10Sprinkle half the chocolate on top of the cream.
- 12Chill for about two hours before serving.
- 13Prepare yourself for ooohs and aaaahs and a few dumb jokes about it being a"trifle" much or a"trifle" sweet.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Malcolm's Sugarless Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.5
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 84.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free pound cake
sugar-free strawberry jam
sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
sugar-free bittersweet chocolate