Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
These cookies are easy to make, and they turn out so delicious!
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup flour
- 3 cups oats
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl mix together the first 8 ingredients until well blended.
- Gradually stir in flour, oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheets and bake at 350° for 10-13 minutes.
- Cookies are done when the peaks and edges are a golden brown but there are still some'shiny' dough looking spots across the top.
- DON'T OVERBAKE!
- You want'em nice and chewy-gooey, not crunchy!
- You can add nuts & raisins to this recipe; if you choose to add raisins, increase the water by 1/8 cup.