1 hr 20 mins
This is a recipe for portuguese donuts. I haven't tried it yet, but I am excited about it! This recipe was posted in reply to a request for Portuguese recipes! Prep time does not include time to set aside. Cook time is estimated as recipe did not provide cook time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in the 1/3 cup warm water and 1 tsp sugar.
- 2Set aside until ingredients are dissolved.
- 3Measure flour, sugar and salt into a large bowl.
- 4Mix cream and water together, and add to dry ingredients.
- 5Then add the melted butter and the beaten eggs.
- 6Add the dissolved yeast mixture and stir well to form soft dough.
- 7Cover and put in a warm place, allowing to stand until double in size; this will take approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- 8Drop by spoonfuls into deep hot oil, and fry until light brown.
- 9Remove and drain on a rack with absorbent paper towel.
- 10Coat with sugar.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Malazadas (Portuguese Doughnuts)
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.0
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 38.1 mg
- Sodium 57.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 2.5 g