Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe for portuguese donuts. I haven't tried it yet, but I am excited about it! This recipe was posted in reply to a request for Portuguese recipes! Prep time does not include time to set aside. Cook time is estimated as recipe did not provide cook time.
- Dissolve yeast in the 1/3 cup warm water and 1 tsp sugar.
- Set aside until ingredients are dissolved.
- Measure flour, sugar and salt into a large bowl.
- Mix cream and water together, and add to dry ingredients.
- Then add the melted butter and the beaten eggs.
- Add the dissolved yeast mixture and stir well to form soft dough.
- Cover and put in a warm place, allowing to stand until double in size; this will take approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Drop by spoonfuls into deep hot oil, and fry until light brown.
- Remove and drain on a rack with absorbent paper towel.
- Coat with sugar.