1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This could also be made with any other meat sub such as seitan, or with real meat like chicken or beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (or ground lemongrass powder)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 fresh red chili peppers, minced or 1 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce
- 2 cups chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, in 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 1/2 teaspoons coriander seeds, ground
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce or 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar or 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 lbs tofu, cut into strips and threaded onto metal skewers
- 1Preheat grill to high heat.
- 2Put the first four marinade ingredients in a food processor and grind.
- 3Heat a nonstick pan, pour in the oil, then add ground mixture. Cook until fragrant (about 5 minutes).
- 4Combine the remaining marinade ingredients in a pot on the stove; add the cooked mixture.
- 5Bring to a boil and let simmer 5 minutes.
- 6Let cool, then pour over tofu and marinate for at least an hour and as long as overnight.
- 7Mix all satay ingredients together, except the water and tofu.
- 8Slowly add the water until the sauce reaches desired consistency.
- 9Grill tofu strips for 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- 10Put the skewers on a plate and pour some sauce over them. Serve with a bowl of extra sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Malaysian Tofu Satay
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.9
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 669.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 30.5 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar