Prep 35 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe is from one of my male students who is from Malaysia. He has changed it some to fit what he can buy fresh here in California. Great use of leftover pork. I've eaten it...it's hot but mellowed by the fruit.
- 4 1⁄2 cups cooked pork, slivered
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, thin strips
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, thin slice
- 2 bananas, firm ripe, 1 inch slices
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, minced
- 2 small serrano chilies
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 2 1⁄2 ounces slivered almonds
- 1 (4 ounce) can pimientos, drained, thin strips
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups cooked rice, hot
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice in a small bowl, set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or skillet over medium heat.
- Add both chilies, onion, green pepper and mushrooms. Stir lightly until onion is soft, 3-4 minutes.
- Add pork and stir-fry until hot.
- Stir in curry and lemon peel, then add pineapple, bananas, anchovy paste and broth.
- Bring to a boil, stirring gently.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice. Mix into pork mixture until sauce thickens.
- Remove the serrano chilies and discard.
- Stir in almonds, pimientos and add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve over hot rice.