Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
Too simple. Children love it too! This is an authentic Portuguese-Eurasian yellow curry, as my mom lives in the only village-settlement for Portuguese-Eurasian of Malaysia.
- 4 tablespoons white cumin
- 4 tablespoons fennel (sweet cumin)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 8 big onions
- stingray (or Anything!) or chicken (or Anything!)
- eggplants (or all) or cabbage (or all) or long beans (or all)
- Blend all onions Fry the blended onions in oil till aroma Add in the spices, lower the fire.
- Fry till aroma.
- Add few cups of water.
- Add salt and sugar to taste Add meat and vegetables If you want to use lady's fingers, boil them till cook, then pour over with curry.
- Do not cook together.
That's a lot of onions! Sounds simple and a great comfort food without being too spicy. I'm guessing the okra or lady's fingers are cooked separately because of their slimyness?