Recipe by Malaysian`Chef
my mos recipe. i make this desert whenever im hungry for malaysian deserts.:)
- 3 1⁄2 cups coconut milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 pieces pandan leaves
- 250 g rice flour
- 100 g cornflour
- 300 g sugar
- 1 dash green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- cook the coconut milk, salt and pandan leaves until it comes to a boil. remove and let cool
- mix the rice flour and cornstarch and sugar in bowl. add the coconut mixture little by littlle and stir until smooth. divide into two parts. and color one part red or green and leave the other part plain white.
- oil a 9x18x7 in cake tin and heat up tin in steamer for about 3 min pour in the mixture layer by layer each color in turn and steam each layer separtely for about 5 mins each. when all the mixture has finished, steam the whole cake an additional 30 minutes.
- remove and let cake cool down before cutting.