Serve over quickly cooked fresh Chinese noodles. Please use the fresh ginger, garlic and curry paste rather than powders, as it gives a more rounded and less "raw" taste.
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Scotch whisky
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 1 sliced onion
- 6 ounces sugar snap peas
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped coriander or 1⁄4 cup mint
- Combine shrimp, soy sauce, Scotch, sugar, and cornstarch. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in wok or skillet on high heat. Stir in ginger, garlic and curry paste. Stir fry for 1 minute.Add onion and sugar xnaps. Stir fry until sugar snaps are slightly cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and marinade and cook 1 minute longer or until shrimp are just beginning to turn pink. Pour in stock, soy sauce and lime juice. Stir everything together and remove from heat as soon as shrimp are pink and curled.
- Stir in coriander and serve over noodles. Garnish with pea sprouts, if desired.