Recipe by The Flying Chef
I am posting a yummy fish curry recipe it tastes wonderful and is quite a quick recipe to make, on the table in around 45 Min's if serving with rice, less time if serving with cauliflower. It is lovely served with steamed jasmine rice but if you are like myself and my hubby, who are trying to keep your carb intake low, especially at night, I served ours with some cauliflower.
Top Review by French Tart
The spice paste is the secret ingredient to this delicious fish curry recipe..........and we ALL loved it. I made it for mum, dad and Hannah's last meal before they go back to the UK tomorrow - we are all fish and seafood lovers here. I used panga fillets, which held their shape really well and tiger prawns for a bit of a treat. We ate this with plain boiled Thai rice for an elegant and light end of summer meal........merci beaucoup encore!! Made for Please make my Recipe - #8. FT:-)
- 3 shallots, quartered
- 50 g piece galangal, quartered
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 cup madras curry paste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, quartered
- 2 red Thai chile, quartered
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 4 white fish fillets, I used halibut but any is fine
- 16 medium green prawns, I allow for 4 per person
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 4 fresh kaffir lime leaves, sliced thinly (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend or process all the spice ingredients to form a smooth paste.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan, cook paste stirring over a medium heat until fragrant, add coconut milk and cream, bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and simmer about 15 Minutes until curry sauce thickens slightly.
- Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan, cook prawns and fish, about 10 minutes or until cooked as desired, times will vary depending on thickness of fillet.
- To serve: Pour some curry sauce into a bowl, arrange fish and prawns on top, drizzle some more sauce over the top of the fish, sprinkle with coconut and lime leaves.
- Serve with Jasmine rice or for lower carb version cauliflower.