1/2 Photos of Malaysian Curried Prawns
The amount of curry paste in this recipe does not overpower the flavor of the prawns and the coconut milk gives the sauce a richness. I have put that this serves 4 but it depends on how large the prawns are and how much you love prawns. You can also serve this as an appetizer, with the rice and on a plate--then it would serve 8.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 large prawns, peeled & deveined
- 1/2 onion
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoons dry white wine (or vermouth)
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 1/4 cup tomato, peeled, seeded & chopped (you may use canned but drain them well)
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (400 ml) can coconut milk (or use coconut milk powder and mix just over 1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon ketchup
- 1Melt 1 tbsp butter in a saucepan.
- 2Add onion and sauté until transparent.
- 3Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- 4Add flour and stir until fully incorporated, add ketchup, stir.
- 5Add coconut milk slowly, stirring constantly, use a whisk so there are no lumps.
- 6Add wine and curry paste and tomatoes.
- 7Stir and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- 8While the sauce is simmering melt the second tbsp of butter in a skillet and add prawns, sauté until they are deep pink (do not overcook prawns).
- 9Add sauce and serve at once over rice or noodles.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Malaysian Curried Prawns
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.9
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 60.6 mg
- Sodium 277.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 7.8 g