1 hr 15 mins
An exotic peanut ginger sauce tops a traditional pizza crust. If pressed for time use an already prepared pizza crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- cooking spray
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat low-sodium swiss cheese (such as Alpine Lace)
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
Basic Pizza Dough
- 1Preheat oven to 500°.
- 2Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- 3Heat a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add chicken, and sauté 2 minutes. Remove chicken from pan.
- 4Pour rice vinegar mixture into pan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook mixture 6 minutes or until slightly thickened. Return chicken to pan; cook 1 minute or until chicken is done. (Mixture will be consistency of thick syrup.).
- 5Sprinkle cheeses over prepared crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border, and top with chicken mixture. Bake at 500° for 12 minutes on bottom rack in oven. Sprinkle with green onions. Place pizza on a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes.
- 6Pizza Dough:.
- 7Dissolve sugar and yeast in water in a large bowl, and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in 2 3/4 cups flour, salt, and olive oil to form a soft dough.
- 8Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes); add enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands.
- 9Place dough in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat. Cover; let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in size. (Press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, dough has risen enough.).
- 10Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll each half into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Place dough on 2 (12-inch) pizza pans or baking sheets each coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with 1/2 tablespoon cornmeal. Crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim. Cover; let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, for 30 minutes.
- 11Note: To save half of dough for later, wrap in plastic wrap, and store in a zip-top heavy-duty plastic bag in freezer. To thaw, place dough in refrigerator 12 hours or overnight; bring to room temperature, and shape as desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Malaysian Chicken Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (1245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2362.9
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 167.9 mg
- Sodium 3409.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 382.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.7 g
- Sugars 71.9 g
- Protein 121.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat low-sodium swiss cheese