Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Normally we eat NASI LEMAK for breakfast or dinner. To make it more tasty, wrap it in banana leaf for 15 min (while it still hot)
- 2 cups uncooked rice, washed
- 1 cup thick coconut milk, from 1 coconut
- 2 cups water
- 2 screwpine leaves, knotted
- 2 cm fresh ginger, sliced
- 3 onions, sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- Mix all ingredients in rice cooker and cook till rice is cooked and dry. Stand for 10 min before fluffing up and leave it for another 10 minute.
- Serve hot with SAMBAL, sliced cucumber, fried peanuts and hard boiled egg.
Thank you this is a great way to have rice with a very hot curry as it smoothed the heat. I love coconut, so this is fantastic form. Will defenitely be making it again.
great fragrant rice! omitted the cinnamon stick, added star anise spice in powder form, and used half coconut milk, half coconut cream. turned out beautifully. enjoyed it in the traditional fashion with eggs, cucumber, anchovies and peanuts with curry chicken. thank you.