Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
You will need a wok for this recipe.
Make and share this Malay Spiced Chicken Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml ground nutmeg
- 4.92 ml turmeric
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml ground red pepper
- 1.23 ml ground allspice or 1.23 ml ground cloves
- 44.37 ml canola oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled & chopped
- 1 lemon peel, grated
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 158.51 ml water
- 29.58 ml distilled white vinegar
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18-709.77 ml hot cooked rice
- Combine all the ingredients for the spice mixture in a small bowl.
- Heat the wok on medium until warm. Add the spice mixture, cook until lightly toasted & fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Return spice mixture back the the bowl then turn the heat on high. Drizzle the oil in a wok & heat for 30 seconds.
- Mix in the vegetables & lemon peel, stir-fry for 5 minutes or until slightly browned. Add in the chicken & spice mixture continue to fry until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in the water, vinegar, sugar, & salt then bring to a boil. Simmer until half the liquid evaporates & the sauce thickens, stir frequently.
- Spoon the stir-fry mixture over hot rice & serve immediately.
This was a very nice stir fry, I really liked the combination of the spices, they were a bit different from the usual. I used the allspice rather than the cloves, and I had chicken thighs rather than breast, and served it with jasmine rice, my favorite. I also served it with coriander as I had some to use up. A very nice dish, and thank you for posting. Made for ZWT#6 2010