You will need a wok for this recipe.
Make and share this Malay Spiced Chicken Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice or 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3⁄4 inch fresh ginger, peeled & chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon peel, grated
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 cups hot cooked rice
- Combine all the ingredients for the spice mixture in a small bowl.
- Heat the wok on medium until warm. Add the spice mixture, cook until lightly toasted & fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Return spice mixture back the the bowl then turn the heat on high. Drizzle the oil in a wok & heat for 30 seconds.
- Mix in the vegetables & lemon peel, stir-fry for 5 minutes or until slightly browned. Add in the chicken & spice mixture continue to fry until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in the water, vinegar, sugar, & salt then bring to a boil. Simmer until half the liquid evaporates & the sauce thickens, stir frequently.
- Spoon the stir-fry mixture over hot rice & serve immediately.