Recipe by niibu_yaa
This is a variation of a classic Malaysian Coconut Curry chicken recipe I learned from a friend.
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon galangal (or ginger)
- 2 -3 tablespoons sambal oelek
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground aniseed
- 2 -3 mint leaves
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 -2 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips (12 - 16 ounces total)
- 40 g onions, slices (cut into fourths)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put Curry powder, garlic, galangal, sambal oelek, anise, mint, saffron, almonds and coconut milk into a food processor and blend together until it makes a nice textured liquid.
- In a bake pan (might want to oil it lightly so it cleans up easier when you're done)place roughly 1/3 of the onion then pour enough sauce to cover the bottom of the pan. Now add the chicken, topping it with the remaining onion slices. Pour the remaining sauce over top. Leave to marinate for 20 - 45 minutes.
- Cook uncovered at 400°F for about 45 minutes.
- This is good served over Pandan Rice.