Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
An 'adopted' recipe that I have not as yet had the opportunity to 'test'...
Make and share this Malay Cake recipe from Food.com.
- In a bowl, beat together the egg and sugar until thick and a pale yellow; Stir in the milk.
- Sift the cake flour, baking soda and salt together and fold into the egg mixture.
- Combine the melted butter and the oil; Gently stir into the egg mixture.
- Pour into a greased 8" cake pan and steam for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the tin; Cut into 8 wedges and serve hot or cold.