Recipe by Cookin'withGas
An 'adopted' recipe that I have not as yet had the opportunity to 'test'...
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, beat together the egg and sugar until thick and a pale yellow; Stir in the milk.
- Sift the cake flour, baking soda and salt together and fold into the egg mixture.
- Combine the melted butter and the oil; Gently stir into the egg mixture.
- Pour into a greased 8" cake pan and steam for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the tin; Cut into 8 wedges and serve hot or cold.