Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The most simple recipe to make rendang, but it still taste delicious. You can use the same ingredients and directions to make chicken rendang (enough for 1 whole chicken). Try it & You wont't regret
- 1 kg beef, cut into small pcs
- 1 -2 cup water
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 large onion, pounded
- 2 lemongrass, crushed
- 3 cm ginger, pounded
- 3 cm galangal, pounded
- 4 tablespoons chili paste
- 5 small hot pepper
- 4 tablespoons coconut paste or 4 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 leaves kaffir lime
- 1 leaf turmeric (optional)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- star anise
- 2 tablespoons tamarind juice
- Mix beef, pounded ingredients, curry powder, turmeric powder, lemon grass, chilli paste, water, cinnamon stick, star anise, in a deep cooking pan.
- Cover and cook for 30 min or till beef tender.
- Add tamarind juice, coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, coconut paste, salt and paper to taste and cook for 15 min or till sauce thick.
- Serve hot over white rice, white bread or glutinous rice.