Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 fresh yeast cake
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons water, lukewarm
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- to taste sugar
- 1 quart salad oil, for frying
- Heat milk to lukewarm.
- Moisten yeast in lukewarm water.
- Add the yeast, salt, sugar and melted butter to the milk. Stir in part of the flour, beating well with a wooden spoon to prevent lumps.
- Add beaten eggs and remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Cover the dough and set it in a warm place until it doubles in bulk.
- Heat oil to 350-degrees.
- Drop dough by the tablespoon into the hot oil and fry until evenly browned.
- Drain on absorbent paper and roll in sugar.