Recipe by marisk
I haven't tried this yet. Hope it's as good as our local Leonards Bakery Malasadas!
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast (or 1 package)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup warm water
- 8 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk, scalded
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 8 eggs, beaten
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast and the 1 tablespoon sugar in water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt and make a well in the center.
- Add milk, butter, eggs, and yeast mixture.
- Beat thoroughly to form a soft, smooth.
- Cover and let rise until doubled.
- Heat deep fat to 350 degrees.
- Spoon teaspoons of dough into oil and fry until browned.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Shake in a bag with sugar.