8 hrs 20 mins
Mary Scheffert's Note:
From my grandmother's Czech cookbook - posted in reply to a recipe request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine milk, cornstarch, coffee& egg yolks in top of double boiler and cook over boiling water until pudding consistency.
- 2Remove from heat, and let cool.
- 3Cream butter with sugar and add the pudding mixture by tablespoon-fulls, stirring constantly.
- 4Add almonds& vanilla.
- 5Line a cake pan with one-third of lady fingers; put half of pudding mixture on top.
- 6Repeat layers, with the last third of crumbled lady fingers on top.
- 7Cover with waxed paper and refrigerate overnight with a weight on top, so that the pudding will be absorbed by the cake.
- 8Serve with whipped cream on top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Malakov Torte
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.8
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 247.4 mg
- Sodium 64.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 7.3 g