Isn't the name enough to tell you how yummy this is going to be?! Mmmmm! This is the winning recipe of the week Jan 1-7'04 that was posted by Rita Choudhary in the Thursday magazine. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! Bon Appetite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cottage cheese, cut into thick cubes (paneer)
- 1 large onion, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled,washed and finely chopped
- 1/4 inch fresh ginger, peeled,washed and grated
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, coarsely ground
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, coarsely ground
- 1 teaspoon whole red chile, coarsely ground
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 3/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried fenugreek leaves, crumbled between your palms (kasoori methi)
- 4 tablespoons fresh tomato puree
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh green bell pepper (capsicum)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cream (You may use low-fat plain yogurt as a substitute if your watching your calorie intake)
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed and finely chopped (to garnish)
- 1Take a microwaveable glass bowl and toss in the onion, ginger and garlic in it.
- 2Microwave it on HIGH power level for 2 minutes.
- 3Add the coarsely ground cumin, whole red chilli, corriander seeds, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and kasoori methi.
- 4Microwave it on HIGH power level for 1 minute.
- 5Stir in the tomato puree, capsicum and 1/4 cup of water.
- 6Microwave on HIGH power level for 2 minutes.
- 7Add the cottage cheese cubes, cream, sugar, salt and 1/4 cup of water.
- 8Mix it very gently so as to not let the cottage cheese cubes break.
- 9Microwave on HIGH power level for 1 minute.
- 10Garnish with corriander leaves.
- 11Serve hot with rotis (chappatis) or naan or white Basmati rice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Malai Methi Paneer(Delicious Indian Cottage Cheese Curry)
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1278.0
- Calories from Fat 1009
- Total Fat 112.2 g
- Saturated Fat 56.3 g
- Cholesterol 305.5 mg
- Sodium 976.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 34.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried fenugreek leaves