alice Dave's Note:
I made this recipe for the first time last night. As usual, I got it from an internet website. I'm posting it here because I like to have all my recipes in one place, and because it turned out so very tasty. My husband gave it a ten. I have modified it a little from the original version which I found on Indianparenting.com because it said it would feed five, but I was sure from the ingredient quantities that it wasn't going to. Also, the original recipe says to grind whole spices and I just begin with the ground spices, so here is my version of the recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 20 cashews
- 5 medium onions
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaf in powder form)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon amchoor powder (dry mango powder)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (allspice)
- 2 green chilies
- 1Grind cashews with a rolling pin till they are very fine, then put aside.
- 2Cut the onions coarsely and sauté them but do not let them turn brown.
- 3Put the onions in a blender and add coarsely chopped garlic and green chillies. Puree.(If you prefer a milder dish then leave the chillies out and just go with the red chilli powder.).
- 4Put the pureed onions back in a deep frying pan or pot and sauté for one or two minutes more.
- 5Add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, and pepper; sauté a little longer on low heat.
- 6Add Kassori methi and cream. cook until the cream evaporates. Add peas (which you can boil beforehand) and cashew paste. cook for two minutes on low.
- 7Add sugar and milk to get a thick gravy (quantity may vary).
- 8Add salt, amchoor and red chilli powder. cook for 3 minute.
- 9Finally, add the garam masala and allow it to cook on low for just 2 or 3 minute.
- 10Serve over rice with rotis and papad.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Malai Methi Mutter
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.3
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 78.8 mg
- Sodium 142.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: