Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wholesome dish for cauliflower lovers
Make and share this Malai Cauliflower recipe from Food.com.
- 750 g cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons oil or 4 tablespoons ghee
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 2 pinches sugar (optional)
For the paste
- 1 1⁄2 onions
- 12 mm. piece ginger (1/2-inch, adrak)
- 3 garlic cloves (lehsun)
- 4 -5 green chilies
For the garam masala
- 12 mm. cinnamon sticks (1/2-inch, dalchini)
- 2 cardamoms (elaichi)
- 1 clove (laung or lavang)
- 1.Cut the cauliflower into florettes. Boil in a broad vessel in salted water taking care to see that the cauliflower remains firm.
- 2.Make a paste of the powdered milk with 3/4 teacup of water.
- 3.Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and fry the cauliflower for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4.Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the paste and garam masala and fry until the oil comes on top.
- 5.Add the milk powder paste and cook till the mixture looks like crumbled paneer.
- 6.Now add the boiled cauliflower and 1 teacup of water and simmer for 5 minutes until the gravy thickens.
- 7.Taste and if desired, add the sugar.
- 8.Serve hot with rice or chapatis.
We liked it, but it is not my favourite Indian cauliflower dish. It didn't seem to thicken up much, which make the flavour not as strong I would have liked. Maybe I would use less water next time. My DH liked it more than I did and said he would be happy to have it again.