Prep 0 mins
Cook 9 mins
- 200 g fish (preferably seafish)
- 200 g oil
- 50 g ginger, sliced
- 10 green chilies, halved
- 10 g red chili peppers
- 1 bunch coriander leaves, chopped
- 3 curry leaves
- 25 g coriander powder
- 10 g cumin
- 1⁄2 coconut (just the paste)
- 50 g coconut oil
- 1⁄2 kg chopped onion
- 5 g fenugreek seeds
- 10 g mustard seeds
- 100 g tamarind pulp, diluted in 2 tbsp of water
- 150 g tomatoes, chopped
- 10 g turmeric powder
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed vessel.
- Add chopped onions, green chillies, ginger, curry leaves and mustard seeds.
- When the onions are fried, add tamarind water and tomatoes.
- Stir and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chilli power, turmeric power, coriander powder and salt.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add coconut paste and allow to cook for ½ hr.
- Add fish slices, stir gently.
- Cover the heavy bottomed vessel, lower heat, and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Check salt.
- Serve hot with boiled rice.
The recipe is very good. We enjoyed the curry, however I recommend that the amounts of some igredients be scaled down and use at least 1/2 kg fish.