Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
this curry is not too spicy it is a excellent sidedish for rotis, nans,pratas,rice varieties i came across this in a cookery show my family is crazy about this curry
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3⁄4 inch cinnamon (2 cm)
- 5 cloves
- 5 cardamoms
- 3⁄4 inch ginger (2 cm)
- 40 g grated coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 15 shallots, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 green chilies, slit lenghtwise
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 3 cups thin coconut milk
- 250 g potatoes, peeled quartered
- 5 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- Blend the ingredients starting from coriander powder to water to a smooth paste.
- heat the oil& ghee in a wok add the mustard seeds fry till the seeds splutter.
- add sliced shallots, garlic,slit green chillies& curry leaves.
- saute till shallot is soft.
- now add the blended paste, fry over low heat till oil separates.
- add thin coconut milk& the cut potatoes.
- boil till potatoes are cooked.
- add the hard boiled eggs& thick coconut milk.
- bring to boil stirring constantly.
- remove from heat.
- serve hot.
Very good. Before dinner I thought it had a bitterness about it but once paired with rice, naan or whatever it lost that and was quite delicious. Thanks so much. Everyone liked it.
This was delicious and very easy to make once you have all the spices to hand, spritzed it with a bit of lemon juice at the finish - lovely thanks