Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 cup ground poppy seed
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, plumped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1⁄2 cup apricot, or strawberry,or raspberry jam
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- Cream butter, add sugar, beat in egg yolks.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (except jam and cream.) Beat egg whites.
- Fold in batter.
- Grease and flour two 9-inch layer cake pans.
- Spoon half of batter into each.
- Bake in oven (350 F) for 30 minutes.
- Fill cold layers with jam.
- Top with whipped cream.